Sunday 21 February 2016

"have gone" vs "have been": What's The Difference?

A short, simple graphic explaining the difference between "have gone" and "have been" by FingerTips English

 


Please continue for a grammar review and a short exercise.


The graphic above uses the present perfect simple tense. Here, the focus is on what has happened or been done, not when it happened or when it was done.



Exercise

Complete the sentences using "has/have gone" or "has/have been". You can use contractions like " 've" or " 's " as well. Careful: there's a trick question.



1/

A: Where's Miki?

B: Oh, she ____ ____ out for drinks with her boyfriend, Toshio. They're going to that new wine bar 
      near Tokyo Station. 


2/


A: Why are you checking the map? I thought you ____ ____ here on this mountain many times.

B: I have. But, we ____ just ____ down a new trail. I don't want us to get lost.


3/ 

A: I'm so excited! I'm going to Thailand!

B: You ____ ____ to Thailand three times already.

A: Yes, but, I ____ only ever ____ to Bangkok. I ____ ____ sea kayaking around the islands though. 


4/
A: Hello, ABC Company. How may we help you? ...Oh, I'm afraid Mr Meanor and the rest of the 
     team ____ just ____ out on a sales call downtown. May I take a message?


5/


A: Please. We ____ ____ to so many temples and shrines in Japan. Let's do 
    
something different.

B: Okay. We _____ ____ to Tokyo yet. ____ you _____ there before? Shinjuku is great.

A: I ____ _____ to Osaka many times, but, I ____ never _____ to Tokyo.
    
Strange, isn't it?


1 comment:

  1. I am thankful to this blog giving unique and helpful knowledge about this topic, I read your blog now share great information here. This blog increse my knowledge source .
    ออกแบบโลโก้

    ReplyDelete