Sunday 4 March 2018

Phrasal Verbs: Make


I haven't added to this blog in a long time. I'm going to make up for that now😁 with a post on phrasal verbs with make.

Study the infographic below. You will be using it to do the exercises.




Note that the phrasal verb make up can have different meanings depending on the context. The context and the other words in the sentence will help you get the meaning of a phrasal verb. 

Exercise 
 Complete the sentences below with the correct phrasal verb using make. Make sure to use the correct tense.

1/


A: You can stay in the guest room. The bed has been ____ ___  for you. 

2/

copyright: Show Time

A: I see you're watching Twin Peaks?
B: Uh, I don't know really know what to ____ ___ it.

3/


A: No way. Peanut butter doesn't ____ ___ a good hot dog.


4/


A: I heard Wayne met Katy Perry backstage after her concert last week.
B: What!? No. He ____ that ___. He just met her stage manager. 


5/



A: I'm sorry about your window, Ms Tamura,
B: That's good, Ken. But, you'll have to ____ ___ for it by doing some work for me.

6/


A: I didn't take another picture. As soon as I saw the lion get angry, I ____ ___
    the jeep. I didn't think I could run that fast.





No comments:

Post a Comment