Saturday 24 October 2020

Teaching English In Japan | Memories & Photos


The actual anniversary of my arrival in Japan was April 6th, 2020. Unfortunately, the covid-19 pandemic had just hit us and I forgot. But, better late than never.


My First Apartment




 


I lived in Kawasaki's(川崎市) Nakahara Ward for (中原区) from April 2000 until August 2001. I didn't spend much time in the area, but I learned that Domino's Japan was much better than any Domino's in Canada😆.

Teaching The Little Ones

I don't know how many people I taught, but it must've been thousands. I especially enjoyed teaching children in my last four years in Japan


     












Places In Tokyo & Yokohama












Former Students










One Of My Favourite Bars


My last residence was in Mitsukyo (三ツ境) in Yokohama's Ashi Ward. One of the things I liked about Japan was that no matter where you lived, there was a local bar within walking distance. I was only in Mitsukyo from August 2014 to June 2015, but I made sure to have a brew and a friendly chat with Monstera Cafe's  owner, Hajimé-san



I celebrated New Year's Eve at Monstera. I gave snake wine (ハブ酒🐍🍷 a go. A strong, interesting nutmeg flavour, but definitely not for everyone. Definitely don't mix with saké and beer.



Friends & Colleagues

Finally, there are the friends I made, colleagues I knew, and the people I briefly met. They all made my experience unforgettably fun. I wouldn't have stayed in Japan so long if it weren't for them.




















I wish I could post more photos, but those of you who are interested can go to my Instagram to see a few more highlights.


3 comments:

  1. Very nice article which ! Thank you so much !
    Python Courses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I just wanted to drop by and let you know how much I loved your post. Your writing style is engaging and your content is informative and interesting. It's always a pleasure to come across a blog that delivers valuable information in an easy-to-digest format, and yours definitely does that. Thank you for sharing your insights and knowledge with your readers. Looking forward to reading more from you in the future! for more information click here! NIML Institute

    ReplyDelete