Sunday 6 March 2016

Review: Comparatives & Superlatives


Time for a quick review. In December, we look at comparatives and superlatives. I'm a big fan of using graphics to explain grammar points and expressions. You could say I'm the biggest fan. Check out the infographic by Grammar.net.



 (by Grammar.net)



Exercise

Complete the sentences below by changing the adjective in brackets into  a comparative or superlative.


1/

Jay: There's no way Batman can beat Superman - the (powerful) super-hero in the world.

Bill: Oh, I think Batman can win. He's much (intelligent) than Superman.



2/

I'm good at playing PS4 games, but, pinball is (difficult) kind of game for me. 



3/

Salty snacks and sweets are both bad for your health. However, sugary food, like nanaimo bars, are (bad) than potato chips and other heavily salted junk food.



4/

Miki: We should study English. It's (popular) language in the world

Reika: Yes, but I think French is (beautiful) of all languages. 


5/

Henri: I can't stand American football. It's (boring) sport I've ever watched.

Gary: True, European football is (exciting). It's one of (cheap) to play: you
          don't need to spend a lot of money on equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment